Welcome to my first checkup post. It’s more of an extension of a journal, just more public. And it will be a hoot to check it out in 10 years to see how the early ’20s were going for me.
The best news of the month came from Taco Bell with the return of the Volcano menu:
“The return reintroduces the Volcano Burrito, Volcano Taco and the option to add Lava Sauce on any item.”
There were a few big events in March, starting with the Anna High School production of The Sound of Music with the talented Carly Rogers in the lead role. We followed that up the next week by traveling to Sheridan High School to watch Top 20 before. Well, that and to see Sheridan’s show choir perform Pac-Man Fever. That day was finished out at Easton, where it was way too cold to be walking around but I still needed to get some arcade gaming in. The next day we were able to go to Ridgeway and see Ridgemont’s production of Once Upon a Mattress with the amazing Jillian Kearns in the lead role.
Tara and I ate out at Ralphies with mom & dad and Jerry & Carole. We also ate at Jalapeno’s in Ada, Ralphies (again), and Pizza Hut.
Mom had a doctor’s appointment at the James, where a robot made me a cafe mocha:
Miles traveled: 839
The network card died in my Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh a year or so ago, but I was able to replace it in March.
Now I can listen to 80s on it again!
Movies I watched:
- Down (or The Shaft) (2001) – What do you get when an elevator goes homicidal?
- The Big Lebowski – Now I understand all of “The Dude” talk, plus I know the importance on how a rug can tie a room together.
- RRR: This was THE BEST EXPERIENCE I’VE HAD IN A THEATER FOR YEARS! The movie is on Netflix, but I don’t think it’s the same thing as seeing it on the big screen. If you do watch it, use the subtitles and not the English audio. There are portions of the movie that just won’t work very well if everyone is talking English. The movie is 3 hours long, but is worth it!
- The Breakfast Club: March 23, 2023 marked the 40th anniversary of that fateful day of detention.
TV I watched (number of episodes in parenthesis):
- Beavis and Butthead (1)
- Cheers (6)
- Modern Family (1)
- Newsradio (1)
- Parks and Recreation (2)
- The King of Queens (5)
- The Mandalorian (1)
- The Office (8)
- Wings (19)
- Average Steps/day: 14,892
- Most steps in a day: 19,943
- Min steps in a day: 12,080
- Resting Heart Rate: 48bpm
- Average Time Asleep: 7hr 14min
- Miles walked: 140.2
- Miles ran: 58.1
Here are the current songs in my morning commute playlist:
- Monday: 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton), Don’t Stop Me Now (Queen), Unskinny Bop (Poison)
- Tuesday: Just Like Paradise (David Lee Toth)
- Wednesday: Let’s Go Crazy (Prince), What’s My Age Again (Blink-182), American Idiot (Green Day)
- Thursday: Don’t Stop Believin’ (Journey), Working for the Weekend (Loverboy)
- Friday: Couple Days Off (Huey Lewis and the News), Nothin’ But a Good Time (Poison), Party Hard (Andrew W.K)
(I don’t have a long commute.)