Here is a list of links and sites I have collected from the Beaver
Local Teach Like a Pirate Waiver Day and the Learn 21 Conference. In the
near future I’m hoping to have time to elaborate on these resources and
how they may be used.
This is what the 21st century is all about. Students order their
yearbooks, but can also customize their yearbook with their own
Student created eBooks
Face it. You’ll never be as entertaining as a video game. Now what? #L21Conf
- Video games follow Dan Pink’s Drive (what motivates us). Master, autonomy, and purpose
- Richard Bartle, Bartle’s player types 1996
- Achiever (grades, extra credit, points) easiest to teach to. Dangle the carrot. ♦️
- Explorer (what to learn, first to discover, know something others don’t know) Don’t care about grades. ♣️
- Socializer (want to be everybody’s friend, organizer, interaction) ♥️
- Renamed to Dominator (wants to win, beat everyone around them. Grades aren’t important. Competitive). ♣️
- Candy Crush Education
- Gamification in Khan Academy. More than just videos.
- Kahoot polling with any device.
- mathtrain.tv Student created math tutorials.
- Bartle’s test (need to watch out in school because of the name of the Dominator type.
- “The gamification of Learning and Instruction” and “Don’t bother me mom — I’m learning!”
- Presentation link
- Similar to Khan, higher quality videos
- Maturana’s school, half the grade was based in the quality of questions he asked.
- Brittany Wenger
- “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out…” Randy Pausch
- “No consequences, being an enabler. Take ownership of your learning.”
- Eesha Khare creates super capacitor
Infohio coding event on April 5th.
Web apps & Extensions for Schools with @ericcurts
- SPARCC Google Resources
- Web App Reviews
- Presentation Handout
- Google Boot Camp at SPARCC in June.
- PowToon, free business presentation software animated video maker and PowerPoint alternative
- WeVideo – Free Online Video Editor & Maker
- GeoGebra Like geometry Sketchpad
- BioDigital Human: Anatomy and Health Conditions in Interactive 3D
- Photo editor online – Pixlr.com edit image
- Newsela | Nonfiction Literacy and Current Events Different lexlile levels for news articles, quizzes
- Chrome Extensions: You can resize the url bar and move the extensions to a drop down!
- Kaizena · Give Great Feedback Add voice, text, resource comments to Google documents.
- GeoGebraTube Pre-made @geogebra activities and worksheets
- Chrome Web Store – AppJump App Launcher and Organizer My current favorite Google Chrome Extension. Go directly to an app in a new window.
- Listen to radio shows and podcasts on demand, create custom stations, get personalized recommendations & always be up to date. | Stitcher Radio On Demand
- Documentary Tube – Watch Documentaries Online for FREE
Yes, you can blend
- 6 Blended Learning Models & Platforms
- Student blended learning, time, place, path or pace. Not skills in isolation.
- Blended learning info graphic: “@ProfessorMike1: try this http://t.co/qulju3sPK4”
- Blended Learning Model Definitions | Christensen Institute
- Starting any blended learning initiative is chaotic and messy. Once through, it’s well worth it.
- Creating your own courses is good but doesn’t scale. Purchased content should be evaluated
- Content, teaching, technology, operations
- Home « Keeping Pace
- Club Academia | Home Student created math videos
Show me the evidence: Applying web based resources to the OTES model
- Hamilton City School District: Showcase – Show Me the Evidence: Applying Web-Based Resources to the OTES Model
- Instructional Technology Resources Hamilton Schools instructional technology spaces: Instructional resources tied to OTES.
- LearnZillion ELA and Math, like Khan
- WatchKnowLearn – Free Educational Videos for K-12 Students Organizing videos from YouTube
- Free Online Textbooks, FlashCards, Exercises, RWA’s, Simulations | CK-12 Foundation Create customized textbooks.
- Flubaroo with Google Forms for automatic assessments.
- Online Reading Activities | Read Theory Reading program, using it with higher level students but can be used with lower level. Critical thinking.
- eduCanon Embed a YouTube video into an online assessment. Gives questions during the video and pauses video
- Chrome Web Store – TLDR Chrome extension: TLDR Summarizes web pages online.
- VideoNot.es: The easiest way to take notes synchronized with videos! Add notes to a YouTube video. Time stamped.
- EDpuzzle Remix videos and sounds, like EduCanon